Saturday, September 16, 2006

Off again

Tomorrow I will be heading off again to the second of my worlds. This time I will be in a location where it is highly unlikely that I will be able to get on the internet. No newspaper, no TV, not even a radio broadcast worth listening to. Even my cellphone doesn’t get a signal much of the time. It is quite refreshing, actually. And as experience has shown, life in the rest of the world goes on anyway. I may miss a month’s worth of the details, but no doubt there will be more earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, bombs, wars, and the PTB will continue their shenanigans. When I emerge in a month, I can read the condensed versions, if I’m still interested.

Meanwhile the local news in the second of my worlds will be all consuming. Undoubtedly I will hear all the latest gossip - who had a baby, who’s getting married, who died, who’s playing around with black magic, when the irrigation will be turned off again, and all about the most recent flood/earthquake/landslide….

No comments: