Friday, December 07, 2007

Travel – Southwest


My next trip was to the southwest. I was really looking forward to the warmer weather. In fact I initially packed as if I was going to the tropics but fortunately a quick check of internet brought me to my senses. It wasn’t THAT warm! Nevertheless it was pleasant to not be cold. I was able to leisurely walk around and see life up close at one of those legendary senior summer camps the area is known for.














Got some great pictures of palm tree cell phone towers and even a windmill cell tower! (Regular cell tower for comparison.)

I was also intrigued by a log cabin mobile home and an adobe mobile home I saw. There was a giant flea market too selling all kinds of stuff including cheap junk fron C--- like I can get in the third of my worlds. It didn’t seem very crowded compared to Asian equivalents, but that was good because the people were a lot taller and I wouldn’t have had my usual advantage of being head and shoulders above everybody else and able to breathe.
There was a steady rain all day and night before I left. It wouldn’t have been a big deal in the tropics but locals said it was extremely unusual and they seemed to have trouble driving in it. The next day that storm blew us all the way back to my home area, pushing us 100mph faster than normal. But somewhere along the way it froze. As we slid down the runway upon landing, we could see that we had landed in a winter wonderland. The winter wonderland continued falling and blowing all the way home in fact. This is the kind of weather that SUVs were made for with their 4-wheel drive and height. It’s probably why there are still so many of them around.

No comments: