Thursday, May 28, 2009

What do you do when your shoes fall apart?

Pilates.

Today I sat down to put on my sports shoes and noticed that one shoe was “smiling”. Oops! Not a good idea to do stair stepping with a smiling shoe. Guess I need to go out and buy some more glue. But I have an old pair of sport shoes too. When you have big feet and you live in SE Asia even when you get new shoes you are not hasty about throwing out the old ones because you never know. Like tonight.

So I pulled out the old shoes and put them on and went to crank up the VCD and set up the step. Then I noticed some stuff in the floor - like some little kid had dropped chunks of chewed up crackers and bread crumbs. The more I walked around the more I saw. Since there haven’t been any kids here all week I wondered where it came from – and that’s when I noticed that my old shoes were dropping chunks of old foam or something. On closer examination the soles are cracked in several places and the stuffing stuff has basically disintegrated and is coming out. So much for the old shoes, they are now unfixable. So now I’m barefoot, but no problem, I have a Pilates CD. After another 10 minutes cleaning up the crumbs, disposing of the old shoes and resetting up with a different VCD I finally got some exercise in.

And, until I can go out and get some glue I guess I’ll be doing Pilates...

No comments: